We are pleased to inform you that DAMAI SPECIALIST HOSPITAL is currently PERKESO's Panel Clinic & Panel Mammogram Screening Centre.
What is PERKESO Health Screening Programme?
a free health screening tests for private sector workers above the age
of 40. The health screening is only eligible for SOCSO contributors who
are above 40 years old. The Screening is aimed at detecting
non-communicable diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and
Vouchers: The first voucher is for standard screening which consists of physical
examination, consultation, blood test, urine test, and Pap smear (for women)
and the second voucher is solely for mammogram screening.
Before you proceed for your health screening, it is advisable to go
through the following guide:
1) Blood test preparation:
- You are required to fast before having a blood
- Do not eat or drink anything (except water) for
at least 12 hours before you go to the panel clinic.
- Do not smoke, chew gum or exercise
- After the specimen is collected, you may resume
- Most people find it convenient to stop eating
and drinking in the evening and to arrive at the panel clinic in the next
2) Pap Smear preparation:
- The best time to have a pap smear is when you
are not menstruating.
- 2 days prior to the test, avoid intercourse,
douches, vaginal medications (except as directed by your doctor), vaginal
contraceptives such as birth control foam, cream or jellies.
3) Mammogram preparation:
- Schedule the test for a time when your breasts
are likely to be tender. Usually during the week after your menstruation
- Avoid using deodorant, lotions, powders, cream
or perfumes under your arms or on your breast as metallic particles could be
visible on your mammogram and cause confusion.
- Consider an over the counter pain medication if
you find that having a mammogram is uncomfortable.
For more information or Appointment, Please contact our general line 088 222 922 Ext. 205/206 (Sylvia), 143/147 (PR/Marketing Team)